Just two weeks left!
Creava Arts’ 2017 Summer Art Camp curriculum is designed to specifically meet the needs of artists ages 6 – 12. Children this age are able to manipulate a variety of art materials to create 2-D and 3-D artwork, and love to try new activities. They enjoy expressing their ideas through art, and recognize how different media, techniques and processes can be used to communicate ideas, experiences and stories. All camps include explorations of a variety of materials, including clay.
Campers ages 6 through 9 attend camps 9am to noon, and campers ages 10 through 12 come from 1 to 4pm. Campers who are age 9 or 10 may attend either the morning or afternoon camp, especially when they’re attending with a sibling.
Cost is just $160 for each 5-day camp, with a reduced rate for siblings and those registering for more than one camp. Creava Arts provides all art supplies and snacks, and every camper receives a free t-shirt!
JULY 10 – 14
This week, you will create stunning sculptures with consideration to form, balance and proportions. You will learn the secrets to make two dimensional artwork appear convincingly three dimensional.
• Explore a variety of materials to create sculptural artwork
• Learn to use shading and perspective to give your drawings depth
• Transform a famous 2-D work of art into a 3-D masterpiece
• Design a building using perspective, then build it 3-dimensionally using clay
Book 3D Adventures Camp
JULY 17 – 21
Have you ever marveled at amazing storybook illustrations or let your imagination run wild as you read wonderful tales? This week, you’ll create artwork inspired by famous books and their illustrations!
• Illustrate a silly poem you write yourself, or one written by a famous author
• Design a new cover for one of your favorite books
• Use “Horton Hears A Who” as inspiration for creating a tiny clay town
• Use stamps and stencils to illustrate a quote from a favorite character
Book Favorite Stories Brought To Life Camp